Monday, November 17, 2008

Dear Diary

I haven't posted for a while, so here are some random pregnant woman thoughts.
In my last post I went on and on about constantly having gas and being so uncomfortable. For the past couple of weeks I've been feeling a lot of "movement" in my abdomen, which leaves me bewildered...is that a baby I'm feeling, or a bubble?!? The books say that you start to feel the baby between 16-24 weeks (I'm at 18 1/2), everyone says that with a first pregnancy it's really hard to recognize the movement at first, and everyone says that it feels like a "flutter" when you first feel it. What I've been feeling is definitely not a flutter, but I SWEAR it can't be gas bubbles. Yesterday in church I gasped out loud because the movement was so distinct...I know that was a little one moving around.
I recently had to switch doctors which was a real pain, but Heavenly Father is looking out for me and He made everything work out perfectly. I saw my new doctor this week and was amazed at how much more comfortable I felt going to a woman doctor than seeing a man doctor. I heard the heartbeat again, yay! Because I was a new patient they had to do all the blood work on me, which meant that they needed eight tubes of blood from me. Wait!...I need that blood! It was crazy, I did so much better than I have in the past with the whole needle thing. Again, help from Heavenly Father who is looking out for me.
I am an emotional basket case.
I dream about babies all the time. A while ago I dreamed we found out it was a girl...and that I was really disappointed! Sad huh. I would love a little girl. I would also love a little boy. Then I dreamed that I was holding a baby boy with lots of people around and he started peeing everywhere. Once I dreamed that I was feeding another woman's baby because she didn't want to. I'm so weird.
Why is it that food that I cook at home is so not appealing to me, but if somebody else made it I can't get enough?! Seriously! Nothing I make is good enough for my appetite, but I love eating restaurant food. It's starting to get really expensive.
I had more random things to write about, but I can't remember them. My brain doesn't work very well these days :)
I'm so grateful for my baby.

3 comments:

Jeremy & Andrea said...

food always tastes better when someone else cooks it. i think that's why i have this complex that i'm not as good as a cook as my mom. true she is phenomenal but i think i should hold my own. but when your pregnant or sick people tend to add love to their meals for you so that's usually what you can taste. so next time you cook add a little love. that should help. ;)
and ps jeremy always gives me nasty looks whenever i pass gas. this from the king of gas. but jeremy was always grateful for his own gas during my pregnancy he said it gave him sympathy for labor pains.

Yearsley couple said...

Hey girl,
I am sorry to hear you are feeling sick. With the gas thing:I hear that you should get on your hands and knees (dog position in yogo) and roll your shoulder to the ground and under you with your bum in the air. and relax, It has been proven so try it. Coming from a medical standpoint at least try. Love you tons. If you have questions call me. Love kat

Cali said...

You are SO normal. I remember just saying to Bryan every night.. "can't we just go get something?" cause the thought of cooking, let along eating it grossed me out completely. You're feeling the baby- I'm sure. I don't think it was a "flutter" for me either. If you feel the same movement more than once- it's probably the baby. I love that part! Hang it there- it really will end..