Saturday, December 6, 2008

I Feel Pathetic

I've never been an athletic person, but this week I realized just how out of shape I truly am. My life has changed so much in the last few months and it has really taken a toll on my body. Between having a desk job and being so sick with the pregnancy, I have not had nearly enough activity! I went from working with people, helping them get up and walk, doing activities, basically walking around all day, to sitting in a chair at a computer ALL day long. I used to teach dance, which meant that I spent my free time actively coming up with choreography, then teaching it. Since I've been with child, I come home from sitting at a desk, and spend my free time...well, not being active. When the morning sickness subsided and I started to feel better, I decided to start exercising again. And luckily, I have two friends who help motivate me to stick to it.
SO, this week we went walking at the rec center on Wednesday and Thursday. Both nights we were there for almost an hour. Then, on Friday Curt and I went bowling. Now, usually bowling is not a strenuous activity. But by our second game, I started to feel a little soreness in my calves. That was a little disheartening. As Curt's b-day and Christmas are coming upon me, I really needed to get some shopping done, so I spent six hours on Saturday on my feet, looking for presents, which, of course in all that time I still didn't find what I was looking for. When I got home Saturday night, I was so sore I almost couldn't walk! My legs felt so weak and I was in pain. I can't believe how these slight changes in lifestyle have wreaked havoc on my body. I need to take so much better care of myself, or come delivery time I will be one miserable mommy! Bah!

No comments: