This little girl I'm carrying is already a lot like her daddy: she is active! Sometimes it gets uncomfortable, but for the most part I totally love feeling her move around. I find myself sitting at work with my hands on my belly and a big smile on my face. But what is more fun than that is when Curt can feel it too. There's been so many nights where we just sit with our hands on the belly and giggle because she won't sit still! This is definitely the most fun part of being pregnant (and the only other part that I can think of describing as "fun" is shopping for little baby clothes. They're so cute and little!) I really feel like we're interacting with each other and it's so fun. Another thing Curt loves to do is talk to little baby (we have all but decided to call her Lexi, so occasionally we use this name when we talk to her). He's going to be a good dad.
So, part of having a belly that is stretching bigger and bigger every day is a changing belly button. I often rub my bare belly when we're watching TV, and the other day Curt noticed that my "inny" isn't so inny any more. At a closer look, he told me it looked like an anchor, or the nose and lips of a kitty. Then his face lit up and he ran to get a pen. And yes, he just might have drawn whiskers and eyes and ears on my belly to make the face of a kitty! It was hilarious! I hope it's not too risque to post a picture here...it was just too funny to not share :)
On that note, other people are noticing. I've become friends with the UPS guy that delivers to my office every day. He is so nice and so positive. He always has a smile and it's one of those contagious ones where you can't help but smile back. Anyway, he looked at me today and asked, "Is there a bun in the oven?" I laughed and told him that yes, I am in fact six months pregnant with a little girl. Having a newborn himself, he was pretty excited for me. He told me, very sincerely, that he would pray for me.
I had another dr appointment last week. When the doc was finding the heartbeat, baby girl gave a good kick as if to say, stop poking around! It was funny. Apparently I had strep in my blood back in November (that's funny, I don't even remember being sick that month) which means that I have to be on antibiotics when I deliver. No big deal. But the dr told me that she wants me to drink close to a gallon of water every day. Yikes! I already feel like I drink water all day long at work, only to find out that I have to double my intake. But it could be worse I guess. I have to go get tested for gestational diabetes sometime before next week. Ugh, I'm not looking forward to that. They make you go without food or water for several hours, drink a gross fructose drink, wait an hour, and then they take your blood. I know it's for the best, but I already don't do so great with needles, and having to go through that with nothing in my stomach but a gross drink is a little unnerving. Ok, done complaining about that. Moving on.
One last thing...I had this crazy dream the other night that baby girl's hands were poking through my belly, not breaking the skin, but so that I could see each individual finger. They were so cute and little! It made me excited to have this little on in my arms and have her little hand grab on to my finger (and eventually my face, my hair, and everything else she can reach).
Ok, I know I said the last paragraph was the last thing, but I wanted to remember something that my friend Kathryn wrote to me when I told her I was pregnant. She said "You have a little piece of Heaven with you all the time." It's so true! I'm so blessed to have this little daughter of God that will soon be my responsibility to love and nurture and teach.

No comments:
Post a Comment